Synergy is happy to announce operation of your Fitness Center in a limited capacity. We look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks! We want to assure the community that every policy has been implemented with resident safety as the top priority. We ask that everyone follow these policies to ensure all residents and staff are as safe as possible during this time. We will continue to evaluate the changing environment and information and adapt accordingly.
- Individual appointments must be reserved for regular workouts in the Fitness Center to ensure mandatory building occupancy and social distancing guidelines are met.
- Appointments will be limited to residents aged 16 and older.
- Appointments will begin at the top of each hour and last 45 minutes. The remaining 15-minute interval will allow staff adequate time to ensure sanitation between appointments.
- You must promptly vacate the Fitness Center at the end of your scheduled appointment. Failure to arrive on time for your scheduled appointment will result in forfeiture of missed time.
- Appointments will need to be made through our Calendly schedule link prior to coming to the facility.
- Links to our Calendly schedule will be distributed weekly in the Community Newsletter
- Appointments for each week will go live four days prior to the start of the week.
- You may reserve a maximum of three non-consecutive appointments per week (i.e. you may reserve the same time Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; however, you may not reserve three consecutive times on Monday). Residents in violation of this rule will have excess appointments canceled. Repeat violations will be reviewed and risk suspension from scheduling.
Check In Process:
- Appointments will enter the building via the outdoor upper level. Markings and signage will be present to assist residents in navigating check in.
- You must present your Penderbrook ID to the staff member at check in to verify appointment. You will not be admitted to the building without your Penderbrook ID.
- You will be asked screening questions by a staff member prior to being admitted to the building. If you answer positively to any screening question, you will be asked to forfeit your appointment.
- Lower level access will only be provided to residents requiring ADA accessibility. Please note your requirement for ADA accessibility at the time of your appointment, and a staff member will meet you on the lower level after completing upper level check ins.
General Facility Information:
- Residents will be required to wear masks while inside the facility.
- Residents will need to wear their masks from the entrance until they reach their destination in the facility. Once they reach their destination, they may remove their mask during exercise. When moving around or exiting the facility, the mask must be worn.
- Failure to comply with this policy will result in forfeiture of appointment.
- Entering and Exiting the Facility
- Please follow the markings and signage directing you to the one-way entrance and exit of the facility. Doors will remain propped open to reduce contact surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at the entrance and exit of the facility.
- Restrooms and Locker Rooms
- The Men and Women’s Locker Rooms on the lower level will be closed to residents using the Fitness Center.
- The Restroom located outside of the Fitness Center will be open.
- The Saunas will be closed.
- Water fountains will be closed to direct drinking. The water bottle filling station will remain open. Residents are encouraged to bring a full water bottle from home.
- Residents are asked to respect a 20 minute limit on in demand equipment during workout.
- No equipment that cannot easily be disinfected will be offered in the facility (i.e. exercise mats, yoga equipment, resistance bands, etc.). Residents are able to bring this equipment from home for personal use.
- In order to ensure 10 feet of distance between equipment as mandated by the Governor and the Commonwealth of Virginia, select equipment will be placed out of service. Do not attempt to use equipment placed out of service.
- Residents are expected to thoroughly wipe down equipment after personal use with provided sanitizing wipes and encouraged to do so prior to use.
- Group Fitness
- Group Fitness classes will continue outdoors until further notice.
- Monday - Wednesday: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM (last appointments begin at 6:00 PM)
- Thursday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM (last appointments begin at 12:00 PM)
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM (last appointments begin at 1:00 PM)
Begins Saturday, July 11
Once again, we are excited to reopen our facility and see you again! We want to assure the community that every policy has been implemented with resident safety as the top priority. We ask that everyone follow these policies to ensure all residents and staff are as safe as possible during this time. We will continue to evaluate the changing environment and information and adapt accordingly.
Virtual Fitness Classes
Synergy has re-centered the company focus to virtual classes to help our clients alleviate stress and continue to work towards fitness goals. You can join in whether you have an abundance of equipment or none at all! Invite family, friends, and colleagues to join you.
Find the schedule, information on how to join a workout, and recordings of past classes here